Willian Bowls Clubs run a number of competitions throughout the season which are open to members of the Bowls Club. Each round is played on an ad-hoc basis arranged by the participants with the final being played on Club Finals Day. All matches will be played to normal EBA rules.
Men’s Singles Championship
This is open to all men members of the Club, is played with 4 bowls and the winner is the first to reach 21 shots.
Ladies’ Rose Bowl Championship
This is open to all lady members of the Club, is played with 4 bowls and is the first to reach 21 shots.
This is open to all members of the Club who have not previously won any of the singles competitions. Again it is played with 4 bowls and the winner is the first to reach 21 shots.
This competition is open to all members of the Club; it is played with 2 woods over 21 ends. If there is a tie after 21 ends then a deciding end will be played.
Open to all members of the Club, the competition is played with 4 bowls over 2 sets, each of 9 ends. The result at the end of each set ie win or draw stands. If after 2 sets there is a tie then a tie break of 3 ends will be played but only the ends will count.
Open to all members of the Club. Played with 4 woods each over 21 ends. If there is a tie then a deciding end will be played. All players participating will be seeded by the Committee and the pairings then drawn at random.
Brian Martin Memorial Triples Competition
In addition to the above competitions we also hold the Brian Martin memorial Triples Competition. This is played over a single day, usually in August and is open to all Club members. Again the committee will seed all players participating and then the triples teams will be drawn at random.
The draw for each of the competitions other than the Triples will be made by the Committee and then displayed on the notice board and the web-site with a completion date set against each round.
- The top name(s) in the draw is the “Challenger(s)” and the bottom name(s) is(are) the“Opponent(s)”.
- It is the responsibility of the Challenger(s) to book and offer 3 dates and times to the Opponent(s); these dates are to be over not less than a 2-week period and can be at any time the green is open and rinks are free but before the round completion date.
- It is the responsibility of the Opponent(s) to let the Challenger(s) know when they are away on holiday or for any other reason and the Challenger should then take this into account when offering dates.
- In the event that the match is not played on time then the Competitions Secretary will decide the way forward which may involve disqualification of either or both players involved.
- For singles matches, it is the responsibility of the players concerned to arrange a marker.
All disputes that cannot be resolved between the players concerned shall be referred to the Competitions Secretary, whose decision will be final.
For our full fixtures list and results
Competition Draws 2018
Our competition draws for this year, updated throughout the season
Last Year's Winners
TRIPLES Winners: J Skingsley, K Savill, B Middleton
Runners-up: J Atkinson, D Mann, P Hemming
PAIRS Winners: J Atkinson & J Avis
Runners-up: J Skingsley & P Hemming
MEN’S SINGLES Winner: J Skingsley
Runner-up: S Salmon
LADIES’ SINGLES Winner: B Middleton
Runner-up: M Kitchener
NOVICES Winner: A Byram
Runner-up: I Humphry
SETS Winner: R Murden
Runner-up: M Thrush
2-WOOD Winner: J Skingsley
Runner-up: A Byram
For last year's winners and other years please see Previous Winners